While there weren’t any new Powerball billionaires waking up Sunday morning, a handful are $1 million richer than when they went to bed.
Saturday’s Powerball results weren’t bad news for everyone — lottery officials say at least 16 tickets sold ahead of the drawing earned a $1 million prize.
The winning numbers were 28-45-53-56-69 Powerball: 20 Power Play: 3x
No lucky player snagged the top $1.6 billion jackpot, although there were a couple people in New York and New Jersey who now have a million reasons to celebrate after matching all five white balls.
In total, more than almost 11 million tickets won cash prizes totaling $102.2 million in Saturday’s drawing.
The New York Lottery also announced a Power Play Prize third place winning ticket was sold worth $150,000 — and 13 tickets won $50,000. Those 13 tickets were sold at:
- 7-Eleven on Dick Road in Buffalo – Power Play winner of $150,000
- Stewart’s Shops on Vandenburgh Avenue in Troy
- Circle K on Bloomingdale Road in Hicksville
- Cumberland Farms on Round Swamp Road in Plainview
- 7-Eleven on Fulton Street in Farmingdale
- Bapa Card and Gift on Old Country Road in Riverhead
- Bee Wines and Liquors on Avenue B in Manhattan
- Smokes for Less in Newburgh
- MD’s Market on South Main Street in Syracuse
- Naz Cards and Gifts on Amboy Road in Staten Island
- Afrahim Newsstand on Mantague Street in Brooklyn
- Vida Pharmacy on St. Nicholas Avenue in Manhattan
- Lin’s Liquors and Wines on Rossville Avenue in Staten Island
- Sam’s Card and Gift Shop on 3rd Avenue in Manhattan
New Jersey lottery officials said 16 tickets sold in the state also had four white balls and the Powerball, earning the $50,000 prize. One of those was purchased with Power Play, earning the coveted $150,000. Tickets were sold at the following locations:
- Bergen County: Township Stationary, 299A Pascack Road, Washington Township — Power Play winner of $150,000;
- Atlantic County: New International Supermarket, 4101 Ventnor Ave., Atlantic City;
- Bergen County: Liquor City, 494 Anderson Ave., Cliffside Park;
- Burlington County: Bob’s Corner Deli, 488 Delaware Ave., Roebling;
- Essex County: SAI Convenience, 20 Franklin Ave., Nutley;
- Hudson County: Acme #1092, 321 State Route 440, Jersey City;
- Hudson County: Sterling Market, 157-159 Sterling Ave., Jersey City;
- Mercer County: Shoprite #566 of Hamilton Square, 1235 Route 33, Hamilton Square;
- Middlesex County: 7-Eleven #39020, 2090 Oak Tree Rd., Edison;
- Middlesex County: 7-Eleven #39718, 4000 Route 1 North, Monmouth Junction;
- Monmouth County: Wawa #934, 177 Route 34, Matawan;
- Morris County: Shoprite, 1153 Valley Rd., Stirling;
- Passaic County: Jackpocket, 355 Warwick Tpke., Hewitt;
- Union County: Riverside Supermarket, 1000 Sheridan Ave., Elizabeth; and,
- Warren County: Hope Country Liquors, 433 Hope Blairstown Rd., Hope.
Wondering about the ticket worth $1 million? Well that was sold at the Quick Stop on Inman Avenue in Edison, Middlesex County, the officials said.
Saturday’s jackpot topped the previous record prize of $1.586 billion won in 2016 by three Powerball players in California, Florida, and Tennessee.